Day One – Tuesday 25th September
The Adaptable City
brought to you by Future Cities Catapult
Head of Strategic Advisory, CBRE
Amanda is Head of Strategic Advisory at CBRE and is Managing Director for Advisory in EMEA, supporting clients on their strategic real estate agenda. She is a Member of the UK Board and EMEA Occupier Board.
Amanda is also the Immediate Past President for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) becoming the longest serving in 123 years where her themes as President were; Infrastructure, Cities and the War for Talent (skills, diversity and inclusion).
For over 10 years Amanda was a Partner in two of the Big Four; most recently EY LLP, where she was the Head of Infrastructure (Advisory) and, prior to that, PwC where she led the consulting business across the South East of England with mid-market FTSE250 companies, as well as leading on real estate and infrastructure. She has over 30 years extensive board-level experience gained on strategic assignments in both the private sector and in government, where she was a Mission Critical Programme Engagement Director for the Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit.
Other key involvements have included:
- The All Parliamentary Group for Excellence in the Built Environment (APGEBE) as part of a Commission of Inquiry into Brexit and Skills;
- Brexit Infrastructure Group and was Chair of the sub-group for Skills;
- Infrastructure Efficiency Challenge Panel advising the Department for Transport on efficiency measure for the deliverability of infrastructure;
- Independent Expert Advisory Panel Member advising DCLG on building safety following the Grenfell Tower; and
- Lord Mayor of London’s Trust Advisory Group for Retaining trust in Financial and Professional Services.
Amanda is a Fellow of the RICS, the Association of Project Management, the Institute of Consulting and the Royal Society of Arts. She is a Certified Management Consultant and Companion of the Institute of Management.
In addition, Amanda is listed in Who’s Who, was also named by the ICAEW as a Mover and Shaker of 2015 in the ICAEW’s Global Finance 50, as well as City A.M.‘s Power 100 Women list 2016, PropTech Top 100 Global Influencers 2017 and has won numerous other Awards. She has now co-authored two books on Diversity and Inclusion in Real Estate and Construction.
Amanda is a regular speaker globally on the cities agenda having spoken at the MIPIM opening 2018 and will also speak at the Future Investment Initiative in Saudi Arabia later this year.