Day 2: Show Zones
Cityx, the Connected Places expo, will bring together leaders, businesses and cities working in two key areas – Housing and Mobility – where change is both urgently needed and entirely achievable if we all work together. Each day consists of the following activities:
- Challenge-led Acceleration: explore how to align your business to tackle challenges relating to low carbon, mobility, healthy ageing, and data & AI. Discover tools and techniques to accelerate your commercial offer within your sector.
- Innovation Gamechanger: explore new market entry points to elevate your business from scale-up to globalisation. Apply innovative thinking to create new product, processes and services that can help add value to your business.
We will be running 4 speaker corners throughout each day and inviting a stellar cast of thought leaders in the fields of Housing and Mobility to share their visions for what the future holds – both the challenges and of course the opportunities – in a series of dynamic 20-minute talks. Watch this space for the line-up.
Topics will include:
- Innovation for connected Autonomous Vehicles – Could connected and autonomous vehicles (CAVs) really expand our industrial base, improve safety and congestion, drive up productivity and free up space usually devoted to vehicles in our urban areas?
- AI and Analytics in Mobility – more than just autonomous aircrafts, cars, trucks and trains, could intelligent deployment of AI and Analytics in mobility mitigate congestion, map commuter behaviours, and even redefine how populations mobilise day to day?
- Mobility-as-a-service (MaaS) – Today’s transport user expects services that suit their circumstances and align with their lifestyles. Can Mobility as a Service really deliver the goods?
- Multi-modal transportation– Can the use of different modes of transport on the same journey, a trend increasingly driven by the growing trend towards digitalisation, offer greater efficiency and reduce congestion?
PRODUCT PITCHES & DEMONSTRATIONS
As well as demonstration spaces, all exhibitors will also be invited to address the audience in open mic Q&A sessions, where they can outline the challenges they are looking to solve, how they are deploying innovation in pursuit of that solution. Discover the innovators of tomorrow and ask them questions at one of these sessions.
Active during the entirety of both days, the Business Café provides a space for both pre-booked and spontaneous networking and collaboration, where Expo attendees are encouraged to explore potential collaboration and even setting up supply and demand relationships.
A number of professional advisors that include Catapults, Innovate UK grant funding, KTN, EEN, DIT, GLA, Seedcamp, RocketSpace, Tech Nation, UK Business Angels Association, and covering a range of topics – funding, partnerships, internationalisation, acceleration programs, sector focused expertise, etc. – will be offering 30 minute one-to-one guidance sessions that can be booked in advance online or on the day (subject to availability).
Each day concludes with a networking drinks reception.